PHILLIP NEIL BORNE
Results driven management professional with extensive experience in providing support for a wide range of technology services. Total of twenty two years experience in advanced converged IP network service design, implementation, and troubleshooting. Eleven years of PCI-DSS experience leading efforts from auditing to remediation. Fifteen years of Project management experience including large complex multi-team projects. Eleven years of experience creating business strategies and leading teams towards defined business objectives.
Excellent communications, presentation skills, and proficient in Microsoft Office suite including Visio. Dedicated to mentoring direct reports, increasing operations efficiency and improving customer service. Additional skills include process and procedure creation, root cause analysis, incident response, problem management, report generation, security and compliance management.
- Created three-year strategy raising operations efficiency across 83 sites to increase network stability, performing service consolidation, and network security improvements. Strategy resulted in adjusted network topology, device configuration standards, added public/private wireless access and consolidation of three DMZ segments into one.
- Aligned all regional network devices to comply with PCI-DSS requirements. Project resulted in all devices using centralized TACACS+ authentication, centralized syslog servers, standard corporate NTP servers, wireless sensor installations and IPS installation in DMZ segment.
- Led Time Warner Cable Enterprise in PCI-DSS Compliance by standardizing documentation, creating standard security configuration for all network devices including firewalls and auditing of rules for routers and firewalls.
- While working at RBFCU was able to determine 15% of mobile devices were not secure due to client removal, updated employee security orientation presentation, created vulnerability and patching standards, which reduced organization risks by 20% and updated/add SIEM rules to produce increase alerting accuracy.
- While at Oracle was able to reduce overall ticket count by 30% by reviewing ticket queues on a daily basis, increase weekly service build tickets by 25% through PMO coordination and prioritization and increased change control compliance 35% by better ticket assignment-to-closure handling.
Management- Security Trainer, PCI-DSS Advisor, Auditing Lead, Project Manager, Vulnerability Management, Security Monitoring, Process Improvement, Change Control Implementation, Policy Creation, Workload Management, Budget Creation, Performance Reporting
Security-Cisco-ASA, Juniper-ISG Firewalls, Cisco-IPS 4240, McAfee-IPS, FireEye-IPS, Checkpoint-Firewalls, Cisco-VPN, Archer-GRC, QRadar-SIEM, Kiwi-Syslog Server, Cisco-ACS, Mobile-Iron, DMZ Segments, TACACS, RADIUS, Business Continuity, Incident Response, Disaster Recovery, Firewall Rule Auditing, NCUA, PCI-DSS, Rogue AP Scanning, NIST-SP 800 Series, ISO-27001 and 27002, Incident Handling, Technical Access Controls, Physical Access Controls
Networking-Cisco-Routers, Cisco-Switches, Juniper-Switches, Cisco-Carrier Grade Routers, Cisco-5K series, 802.11x Wireless, F5 Load Balancers, Web Content Filters, DNS, DHCP, EIGRP, IGRP, OSPF, BGP, NHRP, VTP, VLAN, QOS, STP, SSL, SSH, VPN, Carrier Circuits, SDN,IPv4, IPv6, Data Center Planning, Design, Installation, Troubleshooting
Server\Desktop-Windows Server, Ubuntu Server, Active Directory, Windows Exchange Server, Operating System Patching, Virtualization, Windows 10
Telephony-Cisco-Call Manager, Cisco-Unity, Cisco-Video Conference, Cisco-IPCC, Avaya-Telephony, Carrier Circuits, Installation, Troubleshooting
Applications- Remedy, Oracle CX, Symantec SEP, Symantec DLP, Nessus, Nexpose, McAfee End Point Protection, RSA-Authentication Manager, RSA-Archer, MRTG, NMAP, Netcat, Wireshark, Kismet, OpenVAS , Kali Linux, Virustotal, Shodan, IBM X-Force, Open Threat Exchange
July 2017-Present August 2017 – Present
NETWORK OPERATIONS MANAGER (GLOBAL BUSINESS UNIT CLOUD SERVICES)
- Member of the ISM program and provide support to GBU compliance team.
- Manage a team of eight network engineers supporting customers on a global level.
- Manage PCI efforts from problem identification through remediation efforts.
- Work with multiple project management teams to deliver new services globally on schedule.
- Provide guidance and technical assistance during customer impacting events and times of high work volume.
- Manage ticket queue for three global teams and provide overall metric reporting.
- At current time reduced ticket count by 30%, increase weekly service builds by 25% and increased change control compliance by 35% to a level of 95%.
RANDOLPH BROOK FCU
December 2016 – July 2017
- Performing vulnerability management assisting multiple teams with remediation efforts.
- Threat hunting by analyzing logs, files, emails and network traffic to identify security threats.
- Assisted managing workload, ticket queues, incident response, risk assessments and resolving security problems.
- Management and maintenance of multiple authentication systems, vulnerability scanners, IPS units, SEP and DLP.
- Create and managed documentation and updated employee security training program.
- Collaborate with different business units on projects to identify and remediate security risks.
- Assisted in managing team of analyst during daily operations, projects and incidents.
TIME WARNER CABLE
August 2008 – December 2016
NETWORK MANAGER (01/14 – 12/16)
- Directed network engineering team in South Texas overseeing IT network segments for 30 sites and service provider networks on 62 sites, including review and approval for technical changes.
- Performed network designs, installations, hardware, software and bandwidth upgrades.
- Update and check all monitoring tools daily to prevent customer impacting events.
Technical team lead performing senior technical tasks such as quality control, device configuration verification for changes, upper tier troubleshooting support during service outages.
- Managed PCI compliance along with vulnerability management to ensure compliance.
- Performed technical vulnerability remediation, syslog monitoring and firewall rule auditing.
TIER III NETWORK MANAGER (08/08 – 01/14)
- Directed IT network team and oversaw network operations for 203 sites (12K users) in TX and PacWest markets.
- Produced documentation, network design, performing maintenances and troubleshooting.
- Managed upgrades, maintenances, new implementations, change approver and budget creation.
- Created PCI compliant security configurations, remediation and access controls.
- Developed PCI-DSS documents to standardize information collection and simplify reporting.
- Assisted corporate Cyber-team to detect and remove rogue access points and local incident response.
WESTERN GOVERNORS UNIVERSITY, 2018
Master of Science, Information Technology Management
WESTERN GOVERNORS UNIVERSITY, 2014
Master of Science, Information Security and Assurance
WESTERN GOVERNORS UNIVERSITY, 2009
Master of Business Administration, Technology Management
WESTERN GOVERNORS UNIVERSITY, 2007
Bachelor of Science, Business administration- Technology Management
UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS, 1995
Certificate: Electrical-Optical Ordinance Repair Course
ISC2- CISSP (381242)
EC COUNCIL- CEH
EC COUNCIL- CHFI
ITIL FOUNDATION CNS-4011 RECOGNITION
SIX SIGMA GREEN BELT
CISM (IN PROGRESS)